Sweet Home 3D is the design software that gives us the features for planning and developing of floor plans. Further, Sweet Home 3D allows arranging furniture on it so that we can get the exact view of it. Sweet Home 3D is free software which provides a virtual model of building floor plans which include walls, doors, windows, and doorways, so it is a complete package of interior design software.
Sometimes it becomes very confusing for us when we plan for interior designing of our house as we don’t get the exact view of our plan so Sweet Home 3D can be seen as a solution for this problem.
FEATURES OF SWEET HOME 3D:-
The Sweet Home 3D has some listed given features which are as given below:-
- Sweet Home 3D helps us to change the color of the walls, floors, ceilings and allow us to develop our patterns what type of we want.
- It will enable us to drop doors, windows, and furniture onto the plan as given in software.
- It will enable us to customize the size, the colors, the textures of furniture, walls, floors. Please give us the view of the dimensions of our room areas from a virtual visitor view point.
- We can create a video of the overall design of our house from a virtual path in the 3D view.
- Last but not the limited is that we can print the home plan and the 3D view also.
HOW DOES SWEET HOME 3D WORKS:-
Sweet Home 3D software is composed of four resizable windows which include toolbar at its top.
The various section of software can be enumerated as:-
THE FURNITURE CATALOG OF SWEET HOME 3D:-
Furniture catalog includes all the furniture and objects that we need for our home design as by clicking on the toolbar we get various types of furniture models. It has a subsection which we called as “Home Furniture list.”
Home Furniture List contains all the types and models of furniture which we require in our home with characteristics, name, dimensions. It can be sorted by clicking on each column title.
STARTING A NEW HOME CATALOG OF SWEET HOME 3D:-
To create a new home click on “New Home” button in the toolbar and follow given below points:-
1. Import the blueprint of our home as the background image. Then draw the walls, edit the walls, add doors and windows, add furniture.
2. If we have more than one floor, then we add levels and staircase were joining them and run the first six steps of all levels.
3. Draw rooms, choose dimensions according to the locality and as per your need.
4. Save the file by click on “Save” button.
Now we will talk about how we can make the blueprint, add furniture, levels, walls, floors in details.
IMPORTING HOME BLUEPRINT CATALOG OF SWEET HOME 3D:-
The following points will illustrate to us how to introduce a home blueprint are as follows:-
- Click on choose image and choose your picture in the file dialog box.
- The image is loaded and then click on continue.
- The scale of the image is adjusted by moving the endpoints of the colored line drawn in the picture.
- After performing it click on “finish” it and this way we can import a blueprint for our house.
EDITING WALLS: CATALOG OF SWEET HOME 3D-
Click on “select” button in the toolbar and then choose to draw walls option to construct the walls. To move selected walls in the home plan, drag and drop them and then spilled in into two walls with Plan option. Now double-click on a wall from the menu to modify the current point of selected walls with wall dialog box.
The dialog box will help us to edit the colors or textures of the left and right side of the selected walls, adjust the dimensions of the wall by entering the required length and breadth of it. After performing this click on the finish button to complete editing of walls.
EDITING DOORS AND WINDOWS CATALOG OF SWEET HOME 3D:-
When magnetism is active a door or window is dropped on the wall which is automatically oriented and resized which depends on the thickness of the wall. Now here “rotation indicator” and “elevation indicator” plays a significant role in constructing doors and windows.
The “rotation indicator” shows the corner where we can drag the selected piece ( door or window) by holding ALT KEY and toggle the 15-degree magnetism applied for rotation.
The “elevation indicator” shows the corner where we can drag to change elevation from the floor.
CREATING PHOTO VIEW OF THE 3D VIEW CATALOG OF SWEET HOME 3D:-
Click on “create photo” option to create the 3D view of an image and then select the dimensions required of your choice and save it in PNG format.
Now, pane used to create photos of our choice and also allow us to improve the quality of an image by adding lights at different power levels or give an interval of one hour between two different colors of light. After this, we can see that an image has been converted into a 3D view.
HOW TO INSTALL SWEET HOME 3D:-
Sweet Home 3D can be installed in two ways, one from Sweet Home3D installer and second by Java Web Start.
SWEET HOME 3D INSTALLER:-
- Installed “Windows Installer” for windows and then run the downloaded installer program.
- Then download “sweet home 3D application”. After the installation of “Sweet Home 3D” wait until all files get extracted.
- Now run the application. After this click on “finish” option to run it.
SWEET HOME 3D WITH JAVA WEB START:-
- Download Java Version 6 on your system and then click on “Launch Sweet Home 3D” with java web Start by clicking on it it would automatically get downloaded.
- When it gets downloaded, accept the digital signature to able to run Sweet Home 3D.
As for Technical specification is considered there is no any particular specification about Sweet Home 3D because it is a small software in size, so it gets efficiently run on any system.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENT FOR SWEET HOME 3D:-
WINDOWS:- Sweet Home 3D requires Windows98 to Windows 10, Mac and also run on a Linux system.
PROCESSOR:- Should have a processor running at 400MHz.
GRAPHICS CARD:- Graphics card up to 8 GB.
MEMORY:- It requires only 256 MB in your system to run this application.
The Sweet Home 3D software give us a boon to planning our house as we want and get into dreams of fantasy house.