Open Broadcaster Software is used for streaming and recording program, live chat and for making the video, which is maintained by OBS Project. It is written in C and C++ language.
Open Broadcaster Software supports Windows 7 and after some time Mac OS 10.10. Open Broadcaster Software provides Real Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP).
USER INTERFACE OF OPEN BROADCASTER SOFTWARE:-
The user interface has five main sections:-
- Audio Mixer
Scenes are said to be groups of sources such as live and recorded video, text and audio. Audio Mixer section helps to mute and provide a feature to adjust the volume through virtual folders.
With the help of Control Panel has the power to start and stop streaming, recording and with the Studio Mode this is transformed into OBS for looking for a profession.
HISTORY OF OPEN BROADCASTER SOFTWARE:-
Open Broadcaster Software was brought as a small project by “Jim Bailey”. Later on, Open Broadcaster Software is expanded with the help of many online partners working to improve OBS and to spread knowledge of programming. In 2004 a major change had been seen with the development of Open Broadcaster Software as it has multiplatform support, more features, more powerful API which was termed as OBS Multiplatform. Open Broadcaster Software was available in 41 languages. Open Broadcaster Software was released on 1 September 2012. Open Broadcaster ran on platform IA-32 and x86-64.
HOW TO INSTALL OBS STUDIO:-
OBS Studio can be installed with the help of following points:-
- Go to your browser and open Google, in search bar write “OBS Studio” and then click the first option.
- Go to the official site of OBS Studio there we will get “OBS Studio Download” click on it.
- After that click on desired operating which your computer support.
- After that click on next option to continue further, check on “I Agree to terms and services.”
- Click on “next” button and all the required files will be download.
- Click on “finish” option.
- Click here for the direct jump on the homepage of open broadcaster software.
System Requirements for Open Broadcaster Software
OBS has the following system requirements:
Operation system: Compatible with Windows10, Mac OS, and Linux.
Hard Disk Space: 600mb.
Processor: AMD FX series or Intel i5 processor 5th generation or higher
Graphics: DirectX 9 capable graphics card,
RAM: 4 GB of RAM (Minimum).
OBS Studio requires some additional files (Visual C++ 2017 Redistributables) that are not currently installed on your system. Please run both of these Microsoft installers to continue setup. Click here to Download Visual C++ 2017 Redistributables.
HOW TO USE OBS STUDIO TO LIVE STREAM MULTIPLE SOURCES TO FACEBOOK LIVE:-
The following points can be summed up:-
- Connect our HDMI, SDI, DVI or VGA source to our AV.io capture device that uses a cable to matches the signal type. Connect a USB 3.0 cable from the bottom of AVI.io to USB 3.0 to capture on our computer.
- Now open Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) studio and add AV.io devices as a source, add additional sources and gather stream key from Facebook Live.
- Set OBS to stream to Facebook live and configure your settings, publish our stream in Open Broadcaster Software.
HOW DO WE STREAM ON TWITCH WITH OPEN BROADCASTER SOFTWARE (OBS):-
Firstly, open Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) and then click on the settings button in the lower light corner, and select “Broadcast setting” in the left-hand pane. Secondly, we go to the “Streaming Services,” and we click on Twitch. Choose “play path/stream key” enter the key we acquired from Twitch dashboard, finally click on finish button.
PLUG –IN in Open Broadcaster Software:-
Open Broadcaster Software supports a variety of plug-in to extend its functionality. Plugs-ins is loaded with some native code DLL files. Hosting of plug-ins is written in the .NET Framework.
Now in following given points, we would see how Plug-in is installed in Open Broadcaster Software:-
- Go to the program files in C drive and then click OBS studio, under it select plugs-in.
- Select the version of OBS studio and choose the version of it whether it is 32 –bit version or 64- bit version according to the required version of your system prefer the version.
- Click on finish option and then plug in is done.
WHERE DOES OBS SAVE A VIDEO:-
Open OBS and see on the top of the main window, click on the settings tab gave on the left side of the main window. After clicking on setting another window will appear on the screen from where we can edit setting. Now click on “broadcast setting” in the left side column and click “save files” located in central window and then the desired task had been done.
FINDING OUR BEST OBS STUDIO SETTINGS:-
With OBS STUDIO we will know which are the best set of this software. The settings are as follows:-
This Stream tab is handy nowadays. Today everybody is using the internet and serving it and not only serving the internet but they are also commenting on social media like Facebook, Twitter and so on. To record, i.e., uploading a video on Youtube had emerged the more use of Stream tab. Under Stream tab, we can record our video, and it also gives us the facility to make a video live, edit a video option is also given in Open Broadcaster Software.
The Twitch Bandwidth Test Tool:-
The twitch bandwidth test tool is the best server for Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) as this tools provide a self-environment of the server where we can perform our activities. The server acts as private, and whatever we upload on it by our computer it becomes serve.
It provides with a new concept of the server. Here we have our private server for streaming, broadcasting, etc.
These are the few best settings of the OBS Studio.
HOW TO RECORD OUR ENTIRE DISPLAY IN OPEN BROADCASTER SOFTWARE:-
To record our entire display, we would follow these below points:-
- Open OBS Studio and then right click on source box at the bottom of the window and then click on add, under it choose display center.
- Label the source whatever we like and click ok button.
- Now we would see a preview of the display now click “ok,” and we will see that our desktop appears in the OBS window.
At last, we see how much Open Broadcaster Software is useful.
Also, check out-